Monday, May 24, 2010

The Graduate.

The other night I had a dream about my beach house. I call it that because in the most simplest ways it is my beach house. It is the beach house I have dreamt about many nights since I was fifteen. It is the perfect place. The place where dreams and reality collide. The place where I am me, and everything around me is me too. My beach house centers me. The waves crash against the shore. The moon shines and creates glimmering ripples on the surface of the ocean, even when the night sky is cloudy. My dog is there. In my dream I was sitting on the veranda. In the rocking chair, softly rocking, buck was laying beside me, my hand was gently petting his head (I really miss that). We were just there. Just us. Just being. No trouble, no drama. Just peace.

I'm really not sure why I felt the need to open with that. I think it is my own little connection to peace in all the mayhem. I felt calm and connected and I long for that feeling in everyday life.

Anyway, this semester is ending this week. I am also graduating from Butte College this week. (that has been a seriously long time coming.) I am mostly excited, but not jumping out of my seat excited, I mean seriously, this is only Butte College, and only a step to more school and more future. but I am not complaining.

So you may be wondering, as I am also, how does this tie in with the beach house, and when I figure that out, I will let you know. For now you can bet that I would really like to be at the fictional beach house of my dreams. So let's pretend, right now that the waves are crashing. the moon is shining and my dog is lying next to me. And with a deep salty-sea air breath, I am at peace.

1 comment:

  1. :) I thought I was the only one that dreamt about a beach house :) Ahhhhh, dreaming is free girl! I love it.

    ReplyDelete