Saturday, June 18, 2011

Photo Diary #1, Daisy, Lilies and other stories.

Hello there. I thought I would post (thanks to a suggestion from Patty) a diary of photos to illustrate my last entry and to just add that little extra touch this blog desires.

Okay everyone, meet Daisy. 
She is finally feeling comfortable in her new home, and sat for a photo shoot recently. lol
This is Daisy
(note the flower (daisy) stickers on her name tag?)

She smiles. Just like my Buck did.

Pretty Girl.


And then I said,
"What are you doing, Daisy?"
I think the look says it all
"Nothin',"
I should have asked what she was up to.
Sometimes she is bashful
and sometimes she is shy.
I went shopping at Ikea recently and of course shopping means photo op. Here are some awesome finds which had I not purposely left my credit card at home would have made their way into my home.
I love this shade of purple, it would look fantastic with my pink duvet.

I saw something similar at anthropologie here and here
together these three would make the lamps in my living room similar enough to be coordinated, but still not matchy-matchy and fabulously vintage and chic. I am dying to buy these.

This lamp looks kind of pink, but was really a pretty
plumy-purple when it wasn't on.
It would go perfectly bedside with those awesome plum sheets.

I LOVE LAMPS!
I was so excited by the selection of lampshades at completely
affordable prices.

uses for twinkle lights?

this is a very pretty graphic painting. I don't think the red
 would match my living room though.

Mother and child.
Such a precious painting.

And I love this.
I would put it over my sofa if there weren't a window there.

CUTE!

I love these candle holders.
(I love all candles and candle holders from Ikea.)

I love these lanterns.
I had never seen them in pink at Ikea before.
(and who doesn't love that price?)

So pretty for my coffee table.

I love this vase.
Finally, here are some pictures of my more successful gardening endeavors. I have been loving these lilies every year for three years now, and am always surprised when they come back. (I've never been good at maintaining plant life, and also they usually get too cold in the winter and die off.)

In the planter, there are yellow lilies and red lilies, I am dying to add some pink lilies.
These were gifts and I am pleased to report that I have managed (somehow)
to keep them alive and happy.

There are currently 7 open yellow lilies, and three about to open.

Only one red lily has opened so far, but there are two
behind this one which are nearly ready to open

I don't recall the name of these, I planted them last year
and they too came back. I don't know if I can say it is my
fantastic gardening skills or chance. I tend towards the latter.

I have tried many times to grow hydrangea.
This time, I put them in planters and they seem to be happy.
Hopefully they are successful this time.
Crossing my fingers that the third time is the charm.

Such pretty pink blooms
this is a wonderful shade of pink.

My driveway.
There are still some weeds that need to be taken care of.
That black walnut tree is so pretty when it is all green.

PINK!!!

The veggies I am putting in my garden.
This year I am growing Corn, Zucchini, Watermelon,
Red and Orange bell peppers, tomatoes, potatoes and onion.


That red one is about to open.
Lilies are one of my favorite flowers.

These are near the orange flowers I planted last year,
I also planted these last year, and they have happily
come back.


2 comments:

  1. Um, I need to go to Ikea ASAP. That stands for As Soon as Paid.
    Meaning, when I get money, we're going to decorate the shit out of my apartment.

    Your flowers look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think a trip to Ikea is in order. You would love it. I told you. lol. Hopefully I'll have a little bit of money hanging about then too. :)

    Thanks! I have been super excited about how well they are doing. I love the time of year when my garden is in bloom and full of color.

    ReplyDelete