Monday, March 21, 2011

Promises and Confessions.

Do you remember that promise I made last time that sounded as if I meant to come in here often and write to you? well obviously I suck at keeping promises. Actually that is not really the case, when I make a promise I do not usually ignore it, or fail to keep up my end of the deal, it goes back to having promises made to me when I was a child and constant disappointment when they were broken. I don't make promises I do not intend to keep. So I fell terrible that I didn't make it in here to write to you. I could give you a laundry list of brilliant excuses (the dog ate my computer cable, my finger was broken... but all would be lies since my fingers are fine and I don't have a dog anymore.)

So here is the truth: last week was spring break, and I did absolutely nothing that I was supposed to do. (not entirely true, but let me elaborate.) I had chosen to be active and productive during spring break, and I was, but not in the way that would benefit my blog. I don't think my fingers hit this keyboard a single time all week. (I would love to report that I took spring break as a much needed relaxation week, but again not true.)

Here's a list of what I didn't do:
1. I did not write in my blog, even though I promised I would.
2. I did not bang out my semester project for health class, even though this would have been the perfect opportunity to do so.
3. I did not write my second short story for english, I didn't even work on revising the first.
4. I did not read Frankenstein as diligently as I should have, or was assigned to.
5. I did not touch a single article of homework until sunday night.

Here is a list of what I did do:
1. I cleaned my house (like really cleaned, we were having company.)
2. I had a glee marathon with a good friend to catch up
3. I helped my friends mom with a breakfast she was in charge of, for the California Alliance for Arts Education. This included set up, being there for the breakfast and clean up. It spanned two days.
4. I made the pattern for and cut out the pieces to a fishing vest I have been commissioned to create.
5. I cleaned my house again after some comments from my cousin made me feel like an inadequate housekeeper.
6. I had a fight with my sister. (not a very big one, but it made me cry, it made her cry and it took a few hours of two stubborn girls and their moods to resolve.)
7. I did copious amounts of Laundry. (I should not neglect my laundry.)
8. I looked at my garden, thought seriously of going out to weed, and made a loaf of french bread instead. (from scratch. If you've ever made bread you know this is a time consuming task.)
9. I came up with an awesome idea for a new musical-movie and made a playlist of all the songs I would like to include.
10. I watched the entire first season and most of the second season of Party Down. (this show is in a word, AMAZING. I don't know how I missed this before.)
11. I made enchiladas (some with chicken and no cheese just for me.), a kick-ass pot roast, corned beef and cabbage, and a delicious pot of chili. (among other littler meals that were by no means as epic.)
12. I had lunch with a friend, went shopping, thought about the health project but didn't actually get any work done.
13. I got a brief two-day stomach flu, but I didn't let it stop me. I ignored it to the best of my ability.

I think I was fairly productive, though my productivity included things I had been putting off and I finally got time to do. School and blogging got set aside and my life is getting in order. It's a happy feeling.

Also, I have a confession to make. On saturday I broke my promise for lent. I indulged in some Creamy delicious soup at olive garden and creamy pasta. It was entirely my fault. When I suggested Olive Garden as a great lunch spot, I hadn't even thought about the fact that my favorites would challenge my lent promise. So I indulged even though up until saturday I had been successful. I have not had any dairy since I made my lent pact. Until saturday. I did however get right back on the no dairy bandwagon, and have not indulged since. I will try my very hardest to keep this one. NO MORE DAIRY. (at least until lent is over.) next time for lunch, we're going to Hula's.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, Hulas!

    It really was kind of a lame and unproductive break. I'm sorry yours wasn't so fantastic. Hopefully summer is just epic. :)

    ReplyDelete