Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Can I just say . . . WOW!

I applied for graduation yesterday.

I feel excited and uncertain because, didn't I just do this like a year ago? I'm pretty sure that was me just attending graduation from Community College (see may (maybe june?) blog entry about putz teacher, it is called Grades Are In), but I feel like this one is SO much more important.

It cost me forty-eight dollars. Forty for the application fee and eight for the diploma. Yep, that's what I said, I bought my diploma yesterday for eight dollars. (I kind of can't help but chuckle.) 

Before you get too excited, you should know that I still have a year of classes before I actually graduate. You have to apply for graduation a year in advance. And yesterday was the lucky day for me. So yesterday since it was apparently be-productive day, I also set up my schedules for the next two semesters. I have a total of eleven classes left which means 18 units next semester and fourteen for my last semester. I am a little bit nervous that I will be graduating so soon. I just got to Chico State. 

This also scares me, because it means that it is also time to think about and get ready to apply for grad school and the credential program. It also means it is time to start thinking about finding a job. It is time to start thinking about teaching. This kind of scares me because of all of the horror stories I have heard about the teaching job market. But really, if I start worrying about this now, I'll go crazy.

******
After I posted this, on a whim I went to google to find some images to post with this entry. (Photos make everything better.) I found this one, and got excited.

Click Here to Visit the homepage for this awesome cake!

I am so making this cake when I graduate!!! (or a version of this cake)

2 comments:

  1. I'm am so beyond happy and proud of you!! You have worked so hard, and you deserve that good that's coming to you in the end. Keep your head up, your almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be against the rules to make your OWN congrats cake, lol.

    YAY you're almost there! Soooo nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete