Thursday, April 8, 2010

A SERIOUS Case of Senoritis...

So, let me start by saying, don't under any circumstance get used to an every day post...

This is my last semester in community college and the senoritis bug has bitten. It bit before the semester began, but recently, I am finding it difficult to enjoy anything about the semester. Even the class I signed up for fun has lost its appeal. Today, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, the weather is wonderful, and I am not going to class. In the long run this is the best solution for me.

I have been a student for a very long time, and in previous semesters, I barely missed any class, and if I did, there was a serious and compelling reason, but this time, there needs to be no reason. no reason whatsoever. And there is a part of me that feels bad about this careless approach to school, but even more of me, that just simply doesn't care!

So today I will walk the dog, while listening to Lady Gaga. (great dog walking music!) later I will clean the bathroom, and probably the kitchen, the soundtrack for which is undecided, but will most likely include the beatles at somepoint. And maybe, just maybe I will finally get out into my garden and pull the necessary weeds, a task which I have not made time for as of yet. If you ask me this sounds a much more productive day than sitting in a classroom listening to unnamed putz teacher drone on and on about how cool he was when he was a student. Or whatever he drones about.

Patty, you are right! this is therapeutic!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got all that off your chest!!
    And I am the same way. I HATE THIS SEMESTER!

    ReplyDelete