Thursday, June 24, 2010

Adventures in House Sitting parts 3,4,5,6 and A whole bunch of other stuff

I have not been very good about posting. I have so many things to say and I should have been posting every single day but I haven't. First, Maggie and I are pals now. She sits with me on the sofa, she sits with me outside when I am reading a book, she really likes when I take her on walks. Which I was afraid of at first, because how can I walk a dog who won't listen, who is afraid of me? It worked out. Somehow, things always work out, don't they? our first walk was short. I wanted her to get used to me, and me to get used to her, but to not venture too far from home. It was also a success... and she really likes chicken, but broccoli, not so much.

I got a call yesterday, it was gram. she told me that the dog had gotten hit by a car and my dad was in the process of burying him. That was the third dog this year to die. I find myself wondering if there is a deeper hidden meaning involved in this... My dog died March 9. He had a stroke. My grandma's dog died April 1 of cancer. and now my sisters dog got hit by a car. I'm thinking this is a run of bad luck, and hoping that nothing more happens. We now have one dog left. Her name is Hannah, and she is like the energizer bunny. She keeps going and going, the never ending dog. She is epileptic, and has various other problems and yet she manages somehow to stay alive. The others were all seemingly healthy all their lives. It amazes me sometimes. This is kind of overwhelming me. I miss my dog, and Dozer dying is opening old wounds, that had not healed completely. How's that for a mood lifter?

Lastly this time, because I don't want to fill this with everything that is running through my head, but instead leave some for later, lastly I met someone. I'm not sure what else to say as the feeling is so new. I can't get him out of my head, and I don't seem to want to. I'm amazed by him. I'm captivated by him, smitten with him, and all around enjoy talking to him. I really don't know what else to say...

This post is full of information, a blend of good and bad. I'm not sure what you'll do with it, as I'm not entirely sure what to do myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment