Monday, February 7, 2011

What WAS I thinking?

I am worn out. Physically, Mentally. Totally. Worn out.

I'm pretty sure that I have posted about my hell-ish schedule, the one where I wake up at 5am three times a week and get home after six every night and after nine on Wednesdays. (It is pretty much going to be the death of me)

This weekend, because it is required, and because it was paid for by my tuition, I spent the entire weekend in a CPR certification class. That means that I had no weekend, it also means that I had to get up at five on Saturday and Sunday. Today is monday (another 5am type day) and I am not really certain I will make it through the day.

On top of classes, giving up my weekend, and homework, I have recently discovered that there is a gym on campus that we pay for through our tuition. This gym is seriously amazing, so last thursday I started going. I have gone now four out of five days. I skipped Friday since I knew I would have so much to do over the weekend. I am enjoying the feeling of finally working out. It's healthy. It's good for me and it is really very necessary.

While all of these were necessary evils, I am feeling the effects and am walking around in a half conscious, half dazed zombie-like state. I'll be the one in the back of class trying to keep awake. I'll be the one with the zombie-like stare and glazed eyes.

There is an over-arching theme in all of this, as I'm sure you have deduced. I need a day off. I considered taking Monday off. I really, really wanted to take monday off. However if I took monday off I would miss the assignment for wednesday and be out of luck for both Monday and Wednesday, so taking monday off is not an option. The nearest day off I can see on the horizon is Saturday.

In summation, it's monday, I have been in class for eight days straight and will continue to be in class for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment