Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome Back.

His eyes are piercing blue, his hair is thick and red. He is tall, muscular, lean. He speaks in a thick scottish accent. He is wildly romantic, and wildly protective. He will do anything to protect his family. His wife. He is wonderful with horses, great with children. He stands by his principles, and all he asks in return is love and honesty. He is handsome, and principled. He is also a warrior. He is always getting hurt, and making trouble, but it makes for one seriously adventurous life.

He is maybe the greatest character in the history of the written word (debatable? maybe, but i am a fan, so at the moment I can't help but feel this way.)

HE is Jamie. The lead male in the outlander book series. and I am in love.

I recently had to pick up a book for my english class from amazon, and thought while I was at it, that I might as well pick up the new graphic novel based on the outlander series. It took awhile to get to me, but now that I have it, I remember why I fell in love with this character, this series in the first place.

Jamie, I missed you. It's been awhile since I finished book 7. It'll be awhile more until book eight is even out. (if ever, it's still a mystery) all that I know is that I missed you and I am so glad that you have re-entered my life. I hope you stay awhile. You have a way of making even the crappiest days, the crappiest semesters seem better. I'm thinking it's time to revisit book one. That way I know you'll be around for a very long time. (at least seven books worth.)

1 comment: